Players, Team Staff, & Directors of the board must show proof of Vaccination for Covid-19 by October 31! If Vaccination proof is not submitted by October 31 players and team staff will be suspended from the roster until proof has been shown. Please fill out this google form
with proof or email [email protected]
, be sure to include a copy of the final vaccination receipt, player age group or volunteer status.
Purpose of Policy: To continue to protect the health and safety of all OMHA Participants by requiring that certain individuals be fully vaccinated as a condition of participating in OMHA Sanctioned Activities in accordance with defined timelines.
Affected persons must be Fully Vaccinated against COVID-19, in accordance with the vaccination policy, as a condition of participating in any Sanctioned Activities during the 2021-22 hockey season. At present, this policy does not apply to hockey players born after 2009 or hockey spectators.
This policy applies to the following Affected Persons, which includes the following persons:
- Players born in 2009 or earlier
- Team Officials (Coaches, Trainers and Managers, etc.)
- Game Officials (referees, linespersons, timekeepers, etc.)
- Association Officials (minor hockey association directors, officers, executive and staff)
- OMHA Officials (directors, officers, executive and staff, including hockey development personnel)
- Instructors (third parties engaged by Associations or Teams to provide specialized instruction (e.g., power skating, goaltending coaching).
At present, this policy does not apply to hockey players born in 2010 or later, or to hockey spectators.
All Affected Persons are required to be Fully Vaccinated (i.e.: including the 14-day period after receiving their completed dose) by October 31, 2021 or earlier. All Affected Persons must present to their Association designate, as applicable, evidence satisfactory to the OMHA demonstrating that they have received the completed series of an Accepted COVID-19 Vaccine.
The OMHA recognizes all vaccines approved by Health Canada. All Affected Persons will be required to confirm they are vaccinated regardless of which approved vaccine they receive.
Acceptable documents serving as evidence of COVID-19 vaccination include:
- A digital or physical Dose Administration Receipt.
- Medical records signed by a licensed health care provider indicating vaccine name and date(s) of administration.
- Government verification/language (e.g. Government issued vaccine passport or card).