Police Checks (VSS) (Parry Sound Hockey Club)

PrintPolice Checks (VSS)

Re: Criminal Record Check Vulnerable Sector Applicants

All volunteers of the Parry Sound Hockey Club Inc. require a ‘Criminal Record Check -Vulnerable Sector. The Club requires volunteers to complete checks prior to commencing their volunteer position, and every three (3) years thereafter. As well, all volunteers of the Parry Sound Hockey Club shall complete a Criminal Record Self Disclosure form on an annual basis. First time volunteers should commence this process ASAP. 

VSC Letters
Team Managers  
On and Off-Ice Trainers  
IP On and Off-Ice Help
Coaches & Assistant Coaches

Off-Ice Volunteers

All Hockey Club volunteers are required to submit an original copy (with embossed seal) of their completed police check and a signed self disclosure form before assuming their volunteer position.

*Vulnerable persons or individuals refers to a class of persons who, because of their age, a disability or other circumstances, whether temporary or permanent are in a position of dependence on others or are otherwise at a greater risk than the general population of being harmed by persons in a position of authority or trust relative to them (for example: children, disabled or elderly).

Completed Police Checks and Self Disclosure forms shall be submitted to and retained by the Risk Management Officer.

  1. If you intend to volunteer or have accepted a volunteer position with Minor Hockey, please contact the Risk Management Officer by email  as soon as possible to provide your contact information and to obtain the  and Criminal Self Disclosure.
  2. *** New this year, you can complete a VSC online at the OPP website https://www.opp.ca/index.php?id=147.
  3. Once you have received the stamped (embossed) and signed copy of the police check, please ensure that the original copy is placed in a sealed envelope marked “Confidential” and forward it along with the signed Self Disclosure form to the Risk Management Officer & OMHA Director. 
  *Please note, OPP cannot complete record checks on persons under the age of 18

Acceptable forms of photo identification:

  • Driver’s License (including driver's license issued by another province, territory, or a foreign jurisdiction)
  • BYID Card
  • Passport
  • Canadian Citizen Card
  • Possession and Acquisition License (or PAL card)
  • Permanent Residency Care
  • Certificate of Native Status
  • Canadian National Institute of the Blind (CNIB) Identification Card
  • Canadian Military Employment Card
  • Ontario Photo ID Card
  • NEXUS Card
  • FAST Pass

The following are acceptable forms of Non-Photo identification

  • Birth Certificate
  • Baptismal Certificate
  • Hunting License
  • Outdoors Card
  • Canadian Blood Donor Card
  • Immigration Papers
  • Student ID (only as a secondary piece of ID - High school students only over the age of 18)


If you have any questions please don’t hesitate to contact


For more information on the Vulnerable Sector Criminal Check, please visit
opp.ca - Criminal Record Checks and Police Checks